Greater Southwest Athletics (GSA) was founded in 2003, after the merger of the two recreational clubs of Southwest Roanoke, Southwest Athetic Association (SWAA) and Heights Club. Both of those organizations date back to the 1950s and 1960s.
We exist to provide resources to enable the youth of Southwest Roanoke City, to play recreational sports in a fun and safe environment. Our Officers and Athletic Directors are all volunteers. We work in conjunction with Roanoke Parks and Recreation to provide the facilities and officials. All of our coaches and team managers are volunteers.
Please contact us if you would like to volunteer for our youth. We are always seeking parents and individuals who love to coach, help out the team as a manager, or just want to contribute to the community. All of our volunteers that coach / assistant coach are required by the City of Roanoke to pass a background check.
- President: Keith Foster | email@example.com
- Vice President: Ed Sparrow | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Baseball & Softball Athletic Director : Ed Sparrow | email@example.com
- Basketball Athletic Director: Gary Foster | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Football Athletic Director: Keith Foster | email@example.com
- Soccer Athletic Director: Danny Beamer | firstname.lastname@example.org